A People Destined to His Glory There’s no doubt that revival and reformation is coming to the Philippines. It is our call and destiny. It is an inheritance that was imprinted in our race from the beginning of time. It … Continue reading
It happened so fast. It came out of nowhere and we did not even have the chance to brace ourselves to it. “Chronic Kidney Disease” clearly came as a thief in the night…
The Death Sentence
We just noticed Jay getting weak and pale. We thought it was just because he worked night shift. We just actually went in for a check up to get a medical certificate so he can rest more but that decision led us to the valley of the shadows of death. Before we knew it, we were in a hospital emergency room with six specialists telling us that he needed emergency dialysis. Tests showed that his creatinine level is very high. The normal count for an adult male is 100 but his’ was 1588. The doctors said he will have at least 3 dialysis a week for the rest of his life. That only a kidney transplant will prolong his life…
Imagine the trauma… My husband is in his prime and our kids are still young. I couldn’t stop crying the first night we were in the hospital. Thoughts of death and being a widow at an early age flooded me. Fear gripped my heart on how will I raise my kids alone if Jay dies. My heart bled on the possibility of losing the love of my life this early.
I had all these thoughts agonizing my being but as the same time I had to be strong for Jay and those who love us. Thus, I rarely shed tears. Despite the emotional wreck inside, I had to push it aside and face the dilemma face on.
It was only the hope we have in Christ that held us altogether.
When you’re young and full on dreams, and the doctors will give your spouse that medical impression, your world will just crumble down. No amount of Christian maturity, training and healing experience can pacify the pain and fear of the unknown when you’re in that type of situation.
The devils are so real. We can literally feel their presence in the room. Especially after the doctors would come and tell you how your husband’s body is “dying” and needed immediate attention. It was a haunting feeling surpassing our faith. Despite being Christians and ministers for years, we were shaken. We had to hold on to Hope and believe despite the torment we were feeling inside.
The battle to stay in His shalom was real. We had to fight and establish ourselves in His word. We had to reflect on God’s destiny and call in our lives. We had to recall on the times He spoke over us through personal prophecy, dreams and visions. We had to remind ourselves on His love. We had to constantly create an atmosphere on hope. We had to fight. We had to believe.
We did this through these concrete actions:
- Playing worship songs all day and night
- Reading faith books like God’s Generals
- Meditating His truths in the Bible
- Watching faith preaching videos online: David Hogan, Bill Johnson
- Encouraging each other by faith by talking revelations and what God spoke to each other
- Praying every time an emotional or physical attack happens
- Sharing to others burdens to pray for
- Sharing to others testimonies of His goodness in the process
Jesus is Real
Yes our years in church and ministry told us that God is love and that He will never leave us and forsake us. But one will never know the reality of these truths until that person gets to apply them.
Being in that situation ourselves, we have proven that Jesus is real! His power is real. His blood works. The finish work of the cross gives life.
We faced the temptation of giving up countless of times. It was good when people are around to pray and encourage us; the faith level is high. But where we’re alone, demons would start creeping in again to shake your stability in the Lord. The lies would start again. One should really fight for that Peace to live in it no matter what.
It was in these moments however that we have proven God’s power. Because to be honest, we found ourselves failing a couple of times. It is only of His grace that we made it this far. He alone deserves all the glory and honor.
Night and Day
After two months, 2 hospitals, countless tests, and more than 10 doctors, God showed Himself strong! With all of our friends praying around the world, intercessions, prophecies and edifying scriptures, God has shown His favor and we have finally turned the corner of Hope:
- There was a change in the doctors impression. Before the impression was “Anemia secondary to Chronic Kidney Disease” and recently it was changed to “Acute Kidney Injury secondary to rapidly progressive Glomerulonephritis”.
- The last Nephrologist said that his kidneys shrank. Our recent Nephrologist said, both are in normal size. It’s just inflamed.
- Most of the CKD patients have constant or growing creatinine count even after doing dialysis sessions. Jay’s count is decreasing! It has gone from 1588 to 733 after 7 sessions.
- The Lord has provided everything that we’re able to pay hospital bills, treatments, supplements, house bills, and medications. Money came from friends and even those we don’t have previous relationships. People prayed both here and abroad. Charity events were made. Offerings were given. Tears were shed. All of which we’re very grateful of. This edified us knowing that we have a big family behind our back. The feeling is overwhelming. We are constantly brought to tears when we see His goodness in our lives in this situation.
What the devil schemed as hell turned out to be a bright display of His power in and through our lives.
Aside from learning that His power is manifested not because of what we do but because of who He is, we also learned these practical steps that we’ve like to share with you so you too can learn from this situation.
- Prioritize health. Jay’s lifestyle growing up wasn’t wise. He ate mostly processed foods (hotdogs, canned goods, chips) and loved vinegar and sour fruits. He also started staying up late at night at a young age. This all the more worsen when he worked night shift for years. He did not drink as much water as he needed but focused more on coffee and soda.So eat healthy and organic food. Sleep at least 8 hours a day at night. This is the time when our immune system can rebuild and fight for our body. Exercise and drink lots of water too!
- Limit fitness supplements intake. Jay remembered that few years back, he feasted on protein and creatinine drinks for fast muscle building.
- Take care of insurances. We stopped paying our health care, and other insurances because we did not feel like we needed it. Because of that mistake, we paid huge amounts of hospital bills. Thank God for His grace and provision.
- Treasure moments. Life is but a mist. Make sure you value relationships around you all the time.
- Choose a life with Jesus now. Being saved gave us an assurance that no matter what will happen, we will spend eternity with Jesus. But whether that time comes soon or not, we are also secure that He will take care of us in whatever situation we face. He is there to provide, heal and strengthen. He will never leave and forsake. He is there to always guide, even in the valley of the shadows of death!
The Lord is my shepherd, I lack nothing.
He makes me lie down in green pastures,
he leads me beside quiet waters,
he refreshes my soul.
He guides me along the right paths
for his name’s sake.
Even though I walk
through the darkest valley,
I will fear no evil,
for you are with me;
your rod and your staff,
they comfort me.
You prepare a table before me
in the presence of my enemies.
You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows.
Surely your goodness and love will follow me
all the days of my life,
and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.
Know Jesus today. Know Him intimately… 🙂 ❤
For a century, she was battered and wounded.
Longed for love.
Confused of her identity.
Her children slaved all over the world.
Her home broken in every aspect.
Duterte happened and there’s a sense of hope.
Change is here.
Transformation can be at hand.
Her children can rest.
There is restoration!
There is reformation.
Is this a born again experience?
Can the Pearl shine bright again?
Is this the time for her calling?
Is this the time for destiny?
Whatever it maybe,
Nothing is impossible when we pray.
“Who hath heard such a thing? Who hath seen such things? Shall a land be born in one day? Shall a nation be brought forth at once? For as soon as Zion travailed, she brought forth her children.” – Isaiah 66:8 (ASV)
Do Not Fret!
Don’t you ever forget that this nation has a call. We may be little and unknown but God has placed a purpose in our race. He has given our people a mandate to bring the Gospel to the Middle East. We have a destiny. And no matter what’s going on today with all the changes happening under the Duterte administration, you have to trust that God has spoken! You have to have faith and stand in His words!
Yes Duterte is strengthening ties with China and Russia. Yes the Philippines is rocketing into an unknown future. These are changes no one expected. There are turns of events no one foresaw.
As people of God, should be we threatened? Should we be panicking to something that’s out of our control? Should we call it not the will of God?
God is looking for a people of faith. A people who will stand in His words. A people who will trust in His ways. Even if it doesn’t make sense…
It Must be God
What is the Philippines that can shake the sense of security of the world? Who are we that the nations would watch what’s going to happen next? Who is Duturte that leaders and institutions of the world are shaken with his stance?
We are supposedly nothing! We are poor and in debt. We don’t have influence and power like the nations with money and nuclear weapons. But why is this all happening? Intellectually speaking, it doesn’t make sense. Spiritually speaking however, it’s clear that this is the time and this is the hour when Filipinos need to rise up in their identity in Christ and walk in that calling and destiny bringing the Light in these darkest parts of the world.
These are not doors human mans closed. These are not doors human hands opened…
Yes China and Russia are known communists and persecutors of the gospel. The spirit of fear and intimidation tell us that this is the wrong route. Faith however tells us it’s time to bring these lost brothers back to the Father!
The Russian Ambassador himself said Russia needs the smiles of the Filipinos. They are cold and reserved culture. He acknowledged that there is that sense of joy in the heart of this culture that needs to be shared to Russia.
There is that window of opportunity for the Philippines to influence other nations like never before. Maybe not in silver and gold. But in the name of the God they have been serving for centuries now.
Virtue is the Strongest Weapon
That moment when the whole world stood still and paused. Selah… It is reflecting and reevaluating… Because all of sudden, it is not about the stock market anymore. It is not about territories and armories. Duterte happened and now it’s about virtues and ideals. It’s not about being big or small but being right or wrong. Hypocrisy is exposed. Manipulation and control are highlighted.
When the religious spirit came to accuse Duterte’s “bloody hands”, he then unmasked well-painted tombs where thousands of innocent blood are called “collateral damage”.
Justice is hovering on earth like never before. Where it doesn’t serve the powerful anymore. But those with purity and passion.
David and Goliaths
The Philippines is going through intense spiritual metamorphosis today. It’s messy and chaotic. But the fact that, its internal changes are affecting history boosts my hope that the words He spoke over this nation are slowly being realized. We will bring the gospel back to Jerusalem. We will be a people who will usher the second coming of the King. And it’s not because we have a strong army nor kingly armors. It’ll be because we are a people with covenant with the One True God.
Have faith. Choose to believe. Be a remnant.
Halloween is a Work of Hell
Halloween is a celebration of death and the evil. It is clearly demonic in nature. The pictures speak loudly aside from the obvious words like witches, ghosts, fairies, monsters, zombies… It doesn’t need a rocket science mind to see that halloween is a work of hell.
Those in sorcery and the occult can testify that welcoming demonic activities like halloween in our homes can be a subtle way of creating a covenant with the devil. It’s a form of declaration that evil spirits are accepted and their schemes. It is a possible foothold for a cursed life. Because once we give access to Satan, he will surely come to steal, kill and destroy.
Why Christians Should Not Celebrate Halloween
Jamie Morgan in her Charisma Magazine article listed these points below “Why Christians Absolutely Should Not Celebrate Halloween”:
- God is a God of life, but Halloween focuses on death. Should I celebrate a holiday where people decorate their front yards with tombstones?
- The Scriptures tell us to put away deeds of darkness (Rom. 13:12) and that light has nothing in common with darkness (2 Cor. 6:14). Is celebrating a dark holiday something a child of the light should be doing?
- I had been delivered from fear and panic attacks and knew that fear comes from the enemy. Should I participate in a holiday that has fear as its very foundation?
- Witchcraft is clearly detestable to the Lord (Deut. 18:10-13). Shouldn’t something that glorifies witchcraft (just take a walk through the Halloween store) be detestable to me as well?”
- Halloween is a sacred, high holiday for Wiccans (the official religion of witchcraft). Is this a holiday Christians should celebrate alongside Wiccans?
- Is it cute when we dress our kids like the devil (or witches, ghouls, scary characters and so on)? Isn’t it, well, demonic?
- What if my child dresses in a wholesome fireman costume? Romans 16:19 says that we need to be wise to what is good and innocent of evil. If I let him participate in Halloween, even while dressed as a fireman, aren’t I sending him a mixed message by allowing him to participate in a celebration of evil?
- The Lord said in 2 Corinthians 6:17, “Come out from them and be separate … Touch no unclean thing … .” Doesn’t God want His children to be set apart from the world and from sin and evil? Aren’t we supposed to be peculiar people?
- My extended family thinks it’s ridiculous that we not allow our son to dress up for Halloween. Should their opinions matter to me more than God’s? Shouldn’t pleasing God be my utmost concern?
- If there is even a question in my heart and mind that it might be wrong, shouldn’t that be my first clue? Why would I continue to do so with even a lingering thought that it is wrong?
- Does Halloween bring glory to God? No! It glorifies the devil! Enough said.
Parenting and Halloween
We can not avoid halloween around us. It is in the television, posters in the streets and decorations in the malls. So what should we, parents do to protect our children from it?
Even if we can’t avoid halloween we can also control how our children respond to it. Let’s teach them what is good and evil.
My twins are 3 years old and they now know heaven and hell. I guide them as they make decision on what’s godly and of the devil. I assist them to spiritually discern on their own.
This year they started noticing halloween (thank you Disney Junior and Nickelodeon!!!) 🙂 They immediately know it was wrong so I reinforced it with His word. Now, each time they see halloween related videos and photos — they tell me right away that it’s bad, it’s from hell, it’s not good…
If you’re a parent and have been doing this for your kids, good job!
If you’re a parent who wants to do this but don’t know where to start, here are some concrete steps that may help:
- Supervise television and tech time.
- Teach them Biblical foundations why it’s not from God (Deut. 18:10-13).
- Don’t join halloween costume parties.
- Don’t buy halloween-themed toys and treats.
- Commend good decision-making.
Let’s love our kids beyond giving the best vitamins, milk and material things. Let’s set them up for a blessed future. Let’s protect them from the cunning evil ready to puke sickness, disease and generational curses over their lives. Let’s close our doors to halloween and everything that’s not of God!
When Healing is “Not There”
For the past 2 weeks our family has been through tremendous storm. The twins and I got sick. Jay was rear-ended. We were challenged financially, physically and spiritually.
It was a hard battle. For “faith people” like Jay and I, it was easy to hold on the first week. We were constantly praying for healing and breakthrough. We had faith. We press through. Despite no one knowing about our fight, we looked to Jesus and held our breath.
But breakthrough did not come. And it was VERY challenging. In the past we have seen Jesus heal, cast out demons, change lives, provide and come down in power. So to pray and not see a tip of any miracle was exhausting.
Then it got worse…
On week 2, Tice did not just have fever but his nose also started bleeding. Sovi got ear infection needed to be attended by a physician. My strength wasn’t restored. We had extended expenses with the car window broken and some taxes for Jay’s new music gears from the US.
So we trusted and just held our breath even longer… It was irritating. It was uncomfortable. It was difficult. But in the midst of all that, we held on to that truth inside. He is faithful. He is Love.
Because when times come like God is absent, it doesn’t define who He is. I can remember S.J. Hill in his book “Enjoying God” describing this season as the “Dark Nights of the Soul”. These are the times when God stays distant because He desires that we pursue Him on our own. That we long for Him even if the boost of faith and fireworks of miracles are not there.
Thus when healing seems to be “not there” and other challenges in life slams you down, rejoice! Because there are the times when you are given the chance to love on Him on your own. This is your opportunity to prove to Him that He is worth it, that He is your all in all… that you love Him not when things are good and steady, but even in the midst of pressures. This is what real love is all about.
Trials are also the times for growth. When we embrace pain, our faith muscle grow. Our strength is renewed to take new flights and new heights.
Bottom line of the matter is: our ups and downs in life don’t define God. It defines what’s in our heart. And our responses will always promote us when we choose humility and trust.
Perfect Love with Imperfect Pasts I married a perfect man… NOT! 🙂 He isn’t that all bad either. But we have issues especially in the first few years of our marriage. And it was definitely not because of him alone. Most … Continue reading
Living in Miracles
I once read an article about the secrets lived by billionaires in order to stay rich. I forgot what the title of the article is, but I remembered that one of the points mentioned there was about being a producer, not a consumer. This concept immediately captivated my heart that I whispered a desire to God, “Lord, make me a producer. Not a consumer.”
To my surprise, God gave me the miracle I asked just days after I prayed. And within a week, I was able to start Filipino Virtual Assistance coaching. I just posted my plans of helping parents and singles start with their online jobs path and a lot were very interested. I planned to start coaching 10 but 20 signed up for the first batch, 6 are already listed for the second batch and 3 for the third! He made me a producer not a consumer in just days! Isn’t that a pure God-thing?
And His favor was incredible. Within 3 days I was able to set up the website, email, and Coaching Lounge. This is on top of still working full time, motherhood, and all the things I normally. I used to be so constricted with time before that I have to schedule everything. But this time, His blessing made it all come to pass.
What a sweet moment. With God, all things are possible indeed.
Breaking into the Miraculous Life
This week I paused to reflect. Why was it so hard before to break through when as Christians, we all have the right recipe for success. We have the blood of Jesus and it is all what we need to flourish. But why is it sometimes hard to live in the desires of our hearts?
I believe that it is because oftentimes we lack character and faith.
Here are some steps for breakthrough.
How to Live in Miracles
1. Persevere – There are some of us who doesn’t press through with challenges. God wants us to be in the place of fulfilment but we are too scared to persevere. We stay as a rough stone and not turn into a diamond or gold because we don’t press through with pressure.
Go through conflicts. It’ll strengthen your spirit and give you boldness to overcome.
2. Work Hard – “Dreams don’t work unless you do.” John C. Maxwell nailed the concept of success through this quote. God loves order, integrity and excellence. A lot of Christians are not living the miraculous life because we are too lazy. We “synonymize” miracle to magic. We think everything’s going to come into place when we say wishes, I mean prayers. Nope. Our declarations will not do it for us if we don’t have the character to back it up. God is not a genie. He’s a Father who give good gifts to His children. As a good Father, He looks at the welfare of our souls. He will not pour out new wine when the wineskin is old or else it’ll break and everything will be a waste.
So learn embrace discipline. Wake up early. Be on time. Eat healthy. Exercise. Make a plan. Be excellent in all your ways. These are just some of the steps you can take to start.
3. Risk – Don’t just stand there and wait for everything to happen on it’s on. Do something. Go for that dream. Make concrete steps. You will not conquer cancer when you don’t go praying for people with cancer. You won’t receive when you don’t give. You won’t see national transformation when you don’t go reach out a community. You won’t perform to millions if you don’t enhance your skills. You need to act and do. And it should be coming from the security, boldness and wisdom you got from the secret place.
We have everything we need through the blood of Jesus. We just need to get to that valley of decision and prophesy. Then ask God to breathe life.
A National Paper Featured my Blog On June 15, 2016, The Philippine Star featured one of the online journals I wrote about our President Rodrigo Duterte. This was the “Duterte Leadership Guide for Dummies” article. The Philippine Star is “a portal of … Continue reading
To be Powerful Ivy (a daughter in the Lord, whom Jay and I have been mentoring for more than a year now, with 15 plus more in our homegroup, under Maranatha Family Church) and I went to Thailand last May … Continue reading